Are you being lied to Victoria?
Part 8—Management and control of infectious diseases, micro-organisms and medical conditions
Division 1—Principles applying to the management and control of infectious diseases
PUBLIC HEALTH AND WELLBEING ACT 2008 – SECT 111
The following principles apply to the management and control of infectious diseases—
(a) the spread of an infectious disease should be prevented or minimised
with the minimum restriction on the rights of any person;
- (b) a person at risk of contracting an infectious disease should take all reasonable precautions to avoid contracting the infectious disease;
- (c) a person who has, or suspects that they may have, an infectious disease should—
- (i) ascertain whether he or she has an infectious disease and what precautions he or she should take to prevent any other person from contracting the infectious disease; and
- (ii) take all reasonable steps to eliminate or reduce the risk of any other person contracting the infectious disease;
- (d) a person who is at risk of contracting, has or suspects he or she may have, an infectious disease is entitled—(i) to receive information about the infectious disease and any appropriate available treatment;
If you can spare a few dollars for the creators of this website to continue their research to bring you more great content, any amount, no matter how great or small, would be greatly appreciated.